For many homes nowadays, a stainless steel BBQ grill is almost a necessity especially where healthy cooking methods are concerned. Grilling is, after all, one of the healthiest forms of cooking food since the fruits and vegetables as well as fishes and meats cook on their own juices, with just the addition of salt, pepper and oil to season them. But first, before you go looking at a selection of stainless steel BBQ grills, it is a good idea to know a few things about these products before making a final decision.
Image credit 2yum.me
More often than not, stainless steel barbecue grills come with multiple burners that allow for simultaneous cooking of the foods from the appetizer to the dessert. (Yes, there are desserts that require grilling like grilled peaches with cream) Also, the grill features many cooking surfaces like a barbecue surface, ribbed grill and a flat grill, a wok surface for pasta and rice dishes and, for a few dollars more, a full rotisserie.
And because of the multiple burners, food can be cooked at different temperatures, which is essential as great cooking often requires specific amounts of heat. Plus, there are stainless steel BBQ grills that boast of a warming feature to, obviously, keep your food warm while waiting for them to be served at the table. Just keep in mind that the more features a stainless steel BBQ grill offers, the more likely that it will sport a higher price tag.
- Aside from the abovementioned benefits of multiple cooking and warming features, stainless steel barbecue grills are not highly-desired kitchen or patio appliances for nothing. Just to name a few more of its benefits for people who are skeptical of the cost:
- Unlike other grills made from other materials, a stainless steel grill is almost rust-free and rust-resistant with proper care and maintenance. After every use, make sure to clean the surfaces with a mild soap-water solution to remove the dirt, dust and grime. At least once a month, you may also use a special stainless steel cleaner to bring back the luster of the stainless steel.
- Of course, you have to make sure that the grill is covered appropriately when not in use. You may purchase said cover at a small additional cost if it does not come with the grill itself.
- Because of their materials used, stainless steel BBQ grills retain even heat all around. As such, you can use a stainless steel BBQ grill for both direct heat and indirect heat cooking. Again, this is an advantage as different types of food require different types of heat to bring out their flavors while preserving their nutrients.
- A stainless steel barbecue grill is almost scratch-resistant because of the metal used. But that does not necessarily mean that you can whack away at the surfaces with sharp and abrasive objects like wire grill brushes and cleaners.
In the end, your stainless steel BBQ grill is only as good as the uses you put into them. Thus, you have to consider the foods that you can and will cook on it before deciding on the fanciest grill you can find in the store since many of its features may remain unused given your level of expertise as a home chef.